Head Coach & Trainer
Certifications & Accolades
- Acuity Institute – Change Management Professional
- The ACHR NEWS – 2021’s Top 40 Under 40
- ACCA – Residential Design for Quality Installation
- Aveta Business Institute – Six Sigma Black Belt
Shaun has 19 years of experience in the HVAC and Plumbing industry spanning several operational, management, and sales roles, with a concentration in and passion for service management & service operations. He has management experience in the Residential, Commercial, and large-scale Industrial Mining markets. He has built and grown service, installation, and sales teams from scratch and has improved each employer’s operational performance in service, installation, and plumbing operations.
Shaun has held many roles, including service manager & dispatcher, sales manager, installation manager, mine operations manager, and director of safety. He has held sales positions in residential service & installation, commercial maintenance agreements, and industrial service. He is a natural at business development, which has positioned him to successfully prepare his service technicians to communicate with customers effectively, look for opportunities, and present and educate his company’s offerings to drive better service and more significant sales.
He has successfully demonstrated his ability to:
- Manage staff sizes to 40 employees.
- Turn failing and unprofitable departments into profit centers.
- Grow profitable business relationships.
- Create a sales and customer-service culture.
He has transformed independent-minded departments into cohesive interdepartmental partnerships by implementing mutually beneficial efficiency-focused processes that improved company-wide morale, the customer experience, and bottom-line profitability.
As a BDR-coached service manager for two BDR Profit Coach clients, Shaun has 11 years of experience in business coaching from the client’s perspective. As such, he knows BDR business management practices & BDR’s industry-specific financial performance analytics. He has been involved in business planning, budgeting, and strategy development for his employers. Shaun’s success is documented at BDR, with some of his results below:
- Service Flat Rate Conversion
- Preventive Maintenance Agreement Program Overhaul
- Service Department Turn-Around
- Implementation of a Commercial Maintenance Agreement Sales Department
- Significant CMA Contract Signing
- Large Industrial Department Management
Along with Shaun’s coaching clientele, he is also a trainer for some of BDR’s training workshops, including:
Shaun is a strategic thinker with a proven track record of tactical execution follow-through. He is skilled at identifying and diagnosing the source, cause, and cost of process inefficiencies and problem-solving to reach the desired outcome in a team-based approach. His industry expertise is valued and sought after by his BDR clients.