Service Coach & Trainer
As a Service Coach and Trainer, Catherine has 21 years of HVAC experience, with 19 years focused on Service Operations & Sales. Hired as a temporary summer-season employee for a $700,000 business, where everyone does everything, Catherine worked directly with the owner to grow his company into an award-winning, process-driven, customer-focused business doing north of $4 million in revenues. She has held numerous positions over the years: Dispatcher, Commercial Maintenance Sales Representative, Service Manager, Marketing Director, Sales Manager, and General Manager, before pursuing her dream to coach others as a BDR Service Coach. While service is her passion, Catherine has proven total-company operations knowledge and her ability to manage, coach, and inspire.
In her capacity as Service Dispatcher and Service Manager, Catherine generated many achievements:
- Increased Service Tech efficiency through dispatching skills and techniques.
- Installed BDR’s 8-for-10 Performance Program – designed to track and drive Service Tech efficiency.
- Installed and refined an Accessory Sales Program designed to increase service profit by a minimum of 25%.
- Increased pricing as growth allowed service-delivery to improve
- Maintained a minimum-average-annual 6.4+ billable-hours per day service technician efficiency rating.
- Consistently met budget for the Service Department.
- Built the Preventive-Maintenance contract base from less than 100 contracts to over 1000+ contracts.
These accomplishments, among others, enabled Catherine to reduce Service Tech headcount by 25% while increasing call counts and revenue generated. Her effective leadership skills were reflected in a stable staff with high morale.
Catherine worked directly with the owner on strategy, planning & budgeting, HR, and Marketing. As such, she built her company’s business plan using BDR’s Profit Launch program for seven straight years. She has also been coached in BDR’s Profit Coach and Service Coach programs for the better part of 12 years. She has attended several BDR business management training classes, including Service Dispatch University; Growing a Profitable Service Division; Commercial (Service) Maintenance Sales, and others. As such, Catherine understands business planning, job costing, financial reporting, and HVAC-specific performance metrics. She manages by the numbers and knows how to structure incentive plans that benefit the company and employees alike while protecting the company. Catherine led marketing and PR and was the local spokesperson for her company. Her PR efforts gave her many professional successes:
- Training Member of the Louisiana Heat Pump Association for 2014-2015, where she developed and conducted member training classes on dispatching, customer service, and marketing strategies.
- An award-presenter at the annual Louisiana Heat Pump Association banquet.
- Her employer hired and trained a true rarity – a female service technician – who is NATE certified and a top employee performer. Catherine leveraged this into national and local press coverage, driving positive press and community awareness for her employer and team. This led to that female service tech being featured in HVACR/Hydronics Distribution Business magazine as one of the Top Women in HVACR.
- Her marketing strategy and execution resulted in driving an average of 107 new customers per month for two fiscal years.
Outside of the HVAC industry, Catherine is a group fitness instructor, where she teaches kickboxing, spinning, PIYO, and other physical conditioning classes. Her experience in the fitness industry provides highly transferrable skills in leadership, motivation, and empowerment. Her coaching style inspires people to believe and succeed.
Catherine has been married for 36 years, raised two boys, and is a happy grandmother of four…so far. She loves to exercise, have family time, spa time, girlfriend trips, camp, swim, and have “adventures.”
Certifications & Accolades
- Acuity Institute – Kaizen Leader
- Acuity Institute – Change Management Professional