Finding the Perfect Blend Between Marketing Strategy and Tactics
Your marketing strategy must function on a high level to guide you in accomplishing your overall goals. Your tactics are the way to implement your strategy. Both are needed for true marketing success, but what is the balance?
In this episode of the Prime Resources Podcast, Tammy Vasquez, BDR’s senior head coach, explains how to find the perfect blend of marketing strategy and tactics. Tammy covers how to create a marketing strategy to succeed in today’s environment and shares different tactical options you can apply to make your strategy a reality.
Not sure whether a billboard, online ad or social media is the right tool? Want to build a marketing plan that gets results? Tammy shares her insight and experience from her history as a dealer, territory manager, and business coach.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 51:57 — 37.1MB)
Finding the Perfect Blend Between Marketing Strategy and Tactics Time Stamps:
- (02:17) – Defining the difference between marketing strategy & tactics
- (03:38) -Understanding the Importance of constructing a marketing strategy
- (04:43) – Illustrations of a marketing strategy
- (10:02) – Breaking down the challenges
- (11:56) – Tactical framework to build consistency
- (14:12) – Efficacy of marketing tactics
- (17:30) – The architecture of building engaging content
- (20:57) – Advantages of implementing an outbound call strategy
- (28:50) – Targeted vs. broad: Striking the right balance
- (32:32) – The role of social media
- (36:32) – Creating the right mix of marketing messaging
- (39:05) – Engineering engagement that drives referrals
- (41:57) – Client retention
- (47:35) – Strategy and tactics: the perfect blend
About Tammy Vasquez
Tammy Vasquez has built a highly successful 14-year career in the HVAC industry spanning sales, marketing, management, operations-process development, and business management consulting. By applying concepts and techniques learned from training and through the practical education and experience gained by working for an HVAC company, she has established a long-term track record of success and implementation follow-through.
Tammy’s philosophy is that the business processes created across all departments should be designed to enable and support the people in the field. Some of her most rewarding experiences came from teaming up with dealers and co-workers to implement change which resulted in their direct success, which drove the company’s success as well.
About the Prime Resources Podcast
BDR’s Prime Resources Podcast provides you with the knowledge you need to help your business achieve Prime results – with Prime being the most flourishing stage or state.
Listen to more episodes of the Prime Resources Podcast HERE
You can also listen to all episodes of the Prime Resources Podcast on Spotify