What Owners Need To Know About Bookkeepers – Prime Resources Podcast
In many contractor businesses, there can be a big disconnect between bookkeepers and the rest of the company – especially when it comes to information flow.
In this episode, Laura Finley, BDR Financial Coach, unravels what owners need to know about bookkeepers. Laura utilizes her experience as a bookkeeper and combines it with her knowledge as a financial coach to outline how bookkeepers and owners can work better together to create a highly functioning financial team. Laura shares proven solutions she has used to help her clients overcome the common challenges in forging this critical relationship.
Prime Resources Podcast – What Owners Need To Know About Bookkeepers:
- (03:16) Bridging gaps with Owners and Bookkeepers
- (04:36) Finding the right Bookkeeper
- (08:49) Bridging gaps in financials
- (12:05) Meeting schedules
- (15:04) What Bookkeepers expect from Owners
- (17:16) Actions to obtain information
- (19:12) Trainings for an entry level bookkeeper
- (26:27) Financial coaching is like physical therapy
- (31:04) Guidelines for transferring information
- (34:33) Benefits of a good Bookkeeper
- (41:09) What Owners need to know about Bookkeepers
- (42:49) Structure in your accounting team
About the Prime Resources Podcast
BDR’s Prime Resources Podcast is dedicated to providing you with the knowledge you need to help your business achieve Prime results – with Prime being the most flourishing stage or state.
Listen to more episodes of the Prime Resources Podcast HERE
You can also listen to all episodes of the Prime Resources Podcast on Spotify