Protecting Your Small Business From Cyber Attacks
In this episode of the Prime Resources Podcast, BDR’s Logistics & Operations Support Manager, Mark T., explains what cybersecurity is and how to protect yourself from cyber-attacks.
Whether you are taking all the precautions at home or in your business, there is always a weak link. Discover what it could be and what appropriate steps you can take to defend yourself and your business.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 32:07 — 26.0MB)
Protecting Your Small Business From Cyber Attacks Time Stamps
- (01:07) – About Mark and his cybersecurity expertise
- (02:35) – What is cybersecurity?
- (05:12) – Why should small businesses be worried?
- (07:14) – Are small businesses becoming a target?
- (09:32) – What are specific cyber attacks that small businesses should be aware of?
- (11:59) – Did you really win the lottery in Nigeria?
- (13:58) – How can a business protect itself?
- (16:28) – What are phishing and other types of attacks?
- (19:06) – You’re only as strong as your weakest link
- (20:54) – How do we educate our team?
- (25:42) – Does cyber insurance coverage exist?
- (28:23) – Cybersecurity resources
- (30:07) – Final thoughts
Resources For Protecting You and Your Business
- Federal Trade Commission
- Federal Communications Commission
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
About Mark T.
Mark is BDR’s Logistics & Operations Support Manager, focusing on operations and strengthening BDR’s cyber securities program. After graduating from the University of Washington in 2005, he pursued various management positions in different industries, such as risk management, recycling, private health care, and tech. During his time in the tech industry, Mark’s work with tech giants like Unity, Stripe, Lyft, and Qualtrics led him to pursue a degree in cyber security at Purdue University Global.
About the Prime Resources Podcast
BDR’s Prime Resources Podcast is dedicated to providing you with the knowledge you need to help your business achieve Prime results – with Prime being the most flourishing stage or state.
Listen to more episodes of the Prime Resources Podcast HERE
You can also listen to all episodes of the Prime Resources Podcast on Spotify