How to Organize a Team-Building Event
The importance of team-building events lies in their ability to foster stronger relationships, improve communication, boost morale, and enhance teamwork within the company.
In this episode of the Prime Resources Podcast, Event Coordinators Francis Robinson and Allison Kourkos explain how these events create opportunities for team members to connect personally and build trust, leading to a more cohesive and productive work environment.
Discover how proper planning, involving diverse stakeholders, budgeting effectively, choosing the right venue, and implementing a well-structured plan are key elements for organizing successful team-building events.
Podcast Time Stamps
- (00:55) – About our guests and their industry background
- (02:38) – What kind of events can be used for team-building? (as an example, we will focus on a company picnic)
- (04:10) – What’s the importance of having these types of events?
- (05:21) – What is the starting point when planning a company picnic?
- (11:08) – Who should be involved in the planning and why?
- (14:00) – What should be included in the budget for the company picnic?
- (18:21) – When choosing a venue, what should be considered?
- (23:11) – Besides clean up, what do you need to do after an event?
- (25:05) – Final Thoughts
About Allison Kourkos
Allison Kourkos is a Certified Meeting Professional with over 10 years of experience in the event planning world. Her passion as an event coordinator makes her number one goal during events to create a positive experience for everyone involved. Allison hopes our attendees keep growing and learning in their areas of specialties, and she can be seen as a helpful resource for everyone involved.
About Francis Robinson
Francis Robinson is a Certified Meeting Professional and Event Coordinator at BDR. She has two years of experience in the HVAC industry and 12 years of experience in the hospitality industry. Francis enjoys researching, planning, and executing events and hopes attendees and coaches can network and learn whenever they are together.
About the Prime Resources Podcast
BDR’s Prime Resources Podcast is dedicated to providing you with the knowledge you need to help your business achieve Prime results – with Prime being the most flourishing stage or state.
Listen to more episodes of the Prime Resources Podcast HERE
You can also listen to all episodes of the Prime Resources Podcast on Spotify