Delegation: Your Power Tool for Getting More Done
In this episode of the Prime Resources Podcast, BDR head coach and trainer, Chris Koch, talks about the importance of delegating and the steps to implement successful delegation.
By reframing your thinking, you could help your team members grow successfully while getting more done and adding value to the company. Discover your new mindset and how to successfully delegate to stand out as a great manager!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 32:42 — 22.1MB)
Delegation: Your Power Tool for Getting More Done Time Stamps:
- (01:05) – Classes Chris leads
- (02:12) – What is Delegation?
- (02:33) – Benefits of Delegation
- (03:42) – How does delegation help you get more done?
- (05:12) – Overcoming the mindset of challenges and potential problems
- (10:58) – The perspective of an employee receiving a task
- (13:22) – Steps to delegate well
- (19:29) – Giving employees the Why (Bigger Picture)
- (21:43) – Common things an owner could consider [and not consider] delegating
- (25:26) – Worst Case Scenario: When do you cut bait?
- (27:08) – Importance of Delegating
- (31:46) – Final thoughts
About Chris Koch
Chris Koch brings 25 years of HVAC industry experience to BDR’s business coaching clientele. While Chris has focused primarily on the commercial service arena, he has a significant amount of residential HVAC and plumbing experience, including “mixed-use buildings” that blend commercial and residential markets. He has gained experience across a spectrum of operational-level service, installation, and sales roles which were the springboard for his success across a spectrum of management roles. He has executed a start-up as a business owner and gained invaluable work experience at five different companies, completed two acquisitions, assimilated cultures, executed financial turnarounds, and developed divisions into significant profit centers.
About the Prime Resources Podcast
BDR’s Prime Resources Podcast provides you with the knowledge you need to help your business achieve Prime results – with Prime being the most flourishing stage or state.
Listen to more episodes of the Prime Resources Podcast HERE
You can also listen to all episodes of the Prime Resources Podcast on Spotify