How and Why to Document Procedures
In this episode of Prime Resources, BDR financial coach Laura Irons Finley discusses the importance of creating and documenting procedures.
Laura shares the positive impact that procedures, workflows, and policies can have on your company. Clarifying communication, building consistency, and improving service delivery are just a few of the benefits. Discover how to start building out your procedures and documenting them so you can maximize peak efficiency with your team.
How and Why to Document Procedures Time Stamps:
- (01:19) – What is a procedure?
- (01:56) – How workflows relate to procedures
- (04:06) – The importance of documenting procedures
- (08:35) – The starting point for building out procedures
- (11:08) – Elements that go into a procedure
- (15:19) – Who is involved in putting all the procedures together?
- (26:22) – Keeping procedures updated and organized
- (32:00) – How managers can use procedures to delegate tasks
- (35:51) – How procedure, workflow, and policy all fit together
- (38:38) – Final thoughts
About Laura Irons Finley
Laura Irons Finley spent two and a half years working in the HVAC industry promoted to Office Manager within six months of hire while also functioning as the company’s HR operator. She doubled the office staff while putting into place written processes and procedures to run the business more efficiently. Laura has a Bachelor’s Degree and a personal goal to help other businesses succeed by giving them the tools and understanding to see the pieces of daily work become a part of the bigger picture.
Having helped over 100+ companies since starting at BDR, Laura says, “As a financial coach, it is my primary focus to assist owners and their families to achieve great success in their businesses. I love the numbers; they always tell the truth.”
About the Prime Resources Podcast
BDR’s Prime Resources Podcast provides you with the knowledge you need to help your business achieve Prime results – with Prime being the most flourishing stage or state.
Listen to more episodes of the Prime Resources Podcast HERE
You can also listen to all episodes of the Prime Resources Podcast on Spotify